Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 2000 11:40:01 -0400
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        Tobias Roth <roth@iamexwi.unibe.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MP3 to WAV

On Sun, 30 Apr 2000, in a never-ending search for enlightenment, Tobias Roth wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a utility for converting mp3 files to wav files? I
> > checked through the ports and did not find one.
>
> mpg123 can do that, or at least it should be able to convert the mp3 to
> some uncompressed format which you should then convert to wave with sox.
>
> cheers, Tobe

Maybe I'm punting in the wrong direction. What I'd like to do is
convert mp3 files to a format that can be burned on a cd for playing on
standard audio cd players. Will this work with wav files, or should I
be shooting for something else?

Thanks again.

--
Walter Brameld

Linux:     Where do you want to go tomorrow?
BSD:       Are you guys coming, or what?
Walter:    And what does THIS button do??