Date:      Mon, 16 Oct 2000 10:06:57 -0400
From:      Daniel Frazier <dfrazier@magpage.com>
To:        Siegbert Baude <siegbert.baude@gmx.de>
Cc:        Jon Stanley <jstanley@rmrf.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.1.1-RELEASE and Microsoft Intellimouse

Siegbert Baude wrote:

> I have exactly the same mouse, also with the PS/2 Adapter. I´m running 4.1
> Stable and in my configuration I have:
>
> /etc/XF86Config:    Device      "/dev/mouse"
>
> /etc/rc.conf:   moused_port="/dev/psm0"
>                 moused_type="auto"
>                 moused_enable="YES"
>                 moused_flags="-z 4"
>
> The only problem I´m facing until now are sporadic imwheel core dumps (but I
> also had them with another wheel mouse by Primax). Until now 3 buttons are
> working, as I read that for 5 buttons you should switch to XFree 4, which I
> didn´t attack until now.

I've got my intellimouse running fine without having to use imwheel.  I did have
to add a flag to the device pcm0 line in my kernel config, but after that every
thing works flawlessly... Here's what I've got in /etc/XF86Config...

Section "Pointer"
   Protocol        "IntelliMouse"
   Device          "/dev/psm0"
   BaudRate        1200
   SampleRate      100
   Resolution      200
   ZAxisMapping    4 5
   Buttons         5
EndSection

and here's the line from my kernel config file...

device          psm0    at atkbdc? irq 12 flags 0x100

hope this helps