Date:      Wed, 8 May 2002 20:43:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
To:        "Brian T.Schellenberger" <bts@babbleon.org>
Cc:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.freebsd.org>, Coleman Kane <cokane@one.net>, Joerg Micheel <joerg@cs.waikato.ac.nz>, Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>, Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>, Michael Smith <msmith@mass.dis.org>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: It's not fun anymore. (Mike resigns from core)

Brian T.Schellenberger wrote:
> Thus, it would be best to replace Mike with somebody as ANTI-process as
> possible since an over-reliance on process is what drove him from core; if
> somebody resigns due to an overly chaotic environment, then adding somebody
> as PRO-process as possible would probably be called for.

Worth reading again, so I left it.

> Not sure if that makes any sense to anybody else, and naturally I have no
> right to talk since I've never contributed much, blah blah blah.

It makes perfect sense to me.  As good a contributor as Mike has been, I'm
sorry to see him go but I certainly understand his reasons.  Honestly, were
it me, I wouldn't have stuck it out as long as he did.  Certainly FreeBSD
will continue without him, just as it has done without all the other folks
who have left over the years.

But it does make a lot of sense to try to replace him with someone who is
both fresh and anti-process.  Balance.  Gotta keep people on both ends of
that tug-of-war. :-)
--
Frank Mayhar frank@exit.com	http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting                 http://www.gpsclock.com/