Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2007 11:54:19 -0500
From:      Derek Ragona <derek@computinginnovations.com>
To:        "Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@digitaltorque.ca>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: using nut-ups with apc UPS on USB

I use nut-ups on a number of systems both attached to a UPS and some as
network slaves.  In all my systems I use UPS's that have serial interfaces
and USB, but connect them via serial.

If you read the docs on nut-ups you will see some drivers do support the
USB's.  You will need to specify the port in ups.conf typically in
/usr/local/etc/nut
The line would be:
port = /dev/usb0

You can experiment with the port to get the right one.  Nut will tell you
if is can or cannot talk to the UPS.

         -Derek