Date:      Sun, 24 Mar 2002 18:34:17 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        Ceri <setantae@submonkey.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Connecting to an Openwin session

On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 04:28:17PM +0000, Ceri wrote:

> hey all,
>
> I've got a sparcstation running Solaris 2.6, and I noticed that on the
> Openwin login screen, there's an option to log into remote hosts.
> Presumably this means that if I had two such machines then I'd be able
> to use one to log into openwin on the other.
>
> So my FreeBSD question is, is there any software I can use to connect
> and login to openwin on the sparcstation from my FreeBSD machine ?

Check out the Xserver man page. When you start up an Xserver on your
FreeBSD box, you can supply a "-query hostname" (hostname being
your Solaris box's hostname), and you should come up with the Openwin
login screen of your Solaris box. eg:

    startx -- -query hostname

--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>