Date:      Sun, 24 Mar 2002 08:02:12 +0100
From:      Thomas Widlumdh <tw@ettnet.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Star/Open office

HI,
Well, I have to admit I don't manage this. I've read the handbook on
ports, etc., but....

I'm running fBSD 4.1.
In the ports on my machine there is a staroffice 5.1 in the editors dir.
But the program will be fetched from the internet, of course.
And there is no Staroffice on the dist. CD.

I'd like to install Staroffice 5.2 (or perhaps open office).
But how?
On the free BSD site they are, but I have no clue of how to download
it/them.
I seem to come to a dir with a lot of files, the Makefile, DESCR-file
and a directory filled with a lot of files. Should I download these
files, one by one? Is there no way of downloading all in the same
time, like from the ports dir in my machine?

Well, perhaps I'm more stupid than people in general?
Anyway, thanks in advance for all the answers I hopefully receive on
this matter.
Regards
Thomas

--