Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 2010 07:11:18 +0700
From:      Yohanes Nugroho <yohanes@gmail.com>
To:        ticso@cicely.de
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: at91sam9g20: Upcoming Patches

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely7.cicely.de> wr=
ote:
>> if_ate.c:
>>
>> =C2=A0 =C2=A0* Support for sam9 "EMAC" controller.
>> =C2=A0 =C2=A0* Support for rmii interface to phy.
>
> RM9200 ate requires specific DMA alignment, which required a few
> realign copys.
> This isn't neccessary for most other AT91 devices and for sure
> not with any AT91SAM9x device.
> Not sure if all of them are automatically avoided - you might want
> to verify the code about this point.
> There is also RBNA workaround, which should be RM9200 specifc,
> which shouldn't be triggered with others, but you might want to save
> a few bytes codespace.

And looking at Linux's code, they separate for the RM9200 driver and
newer AT9 (macb) drivers. I haven't looked deeply, but it seems that
if we are going to support all variations of RM9200 PHY for link
checking purpose, there will a lot of RM9200 specific code.

I agree that there are many things in common between these two
drivers, but I don't know if it is a good idea to keep everything in
one file.

--=20
Regards
Yohanes