Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2001 00:29:00 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        steve@spvi.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UPDATE:   FreeBSD 4.3 --> pits

Steve Spicklemire <steve@spvi.com> types:
> What effect does this flag have on RAIDish drives (e.g., 3ware two drive
> RAID10 and/or vinum setups)? Can folks achieve good performance and
> reasonable reliability at the same time?

I can't answer the question about RAID and vinum, but using SCSI
drives gets you performance and reasonable reliability. Come to think
of it, one of the other advantages of SCSI over IDE is better
performance on multiple drives - thought IDE with tagged queuing may
change the balance - so if you want good performance out of vinum, you
want to use SCSI anyway.

	<mike