Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2000 08:58:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      Viren R.Shah <viren@cigital.com>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp.freebsd.org b0rked?

 DES> Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org> writes:
 >> Why the cold shoulder? Is it because aes doesn't have a reverse entry?
[...]
 DES> fetch: vilearn.tgz: Connection reset by peer

I've been having the same problem with ftp.freebsd.org for a while. I
just put it down to a misconfiguration of our firewall (which is a
Checkpoint FW1)

jabberwock# fetch -v  ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org:21/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-4-stable/Latest/vilearn.tgz
looking up ftp.FreeBSD.org
connecting to ftp.FreeBSD.org:21
fetch: vilearn.tgz: Connection reset by peer

For a while I've had to set my ports master site to:

MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE=ftp://ftp2.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/

since ftp.freebsd.org wouldn't work from work.

 DES> DES

Viren
--
Viren R. Shah {viren @ cigital . com} Research Associate, Cigital Inc.
"I believe every process which shows failure can be improved,