Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2001 16:29:44 +0800 (+0800)
From:      Michael Robinson <robinson@netrinsics.com>
To:        java@freebsd.org
Cc:        nate@yoyotech.com
Subject:   Re: JDK2 binary update

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Nate Williams wrote:
>On the positive side, I think we're all in agreement as to the intent of
>the license.  They understand what we're trying to do, and I understand
>their concern about the big 900 lb. gorilla in the Pacific Northest (or
>companies that might act like it).
>
>However, when you stick lawyers in the mix, they want to make sure
>things are sufficiently broad and vague as to make sure they have all
>rights to take away my rights, as well as making me liable for anything
>that may go wrong.

That was before said 900 lb. gorilla decided to support .NET on FreeBSD
and eliminate Java support from Windows XP.

If the lawyers can't see the writing on the wall by now, perhaps you could
try escalating the issue to someone who can.

	-Michael Robinson

P.S. Why is it, exactly, that Blackdown is not able to release a "Blackdown
FreeBSD JDK" binary?