Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2000 12:23:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
To:        David Berard <dbera@cybercable.tm.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: parallel printer & nlpt0

DB> 	Hello everybody,

DB> I upgrade my system from freebsd 2.X to freebsd 3.X stable of yesterday,
DB> since this, my
DB> printer (HP LaserJet 6L) stop working correctly with big files (no txt
DB> files).

Same problem for me with a HP LJ4m.

The only thing that fixed it was "lptcontrol -s" (or -p) to go into
standard polled mode.  I too believe the lpt0 device is not working
properly.  This was tested on two separate machines, one of which
worked flawlessly with the lp0 printer device under BSD/OS with
interrupts enabled.

My question is will making lpt0 use polled mode interfere with my
parallel port ZIP drive using interrupts?