Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:08:53 +0100
From:      "Mark Lumsden" <lumsden@myrealbox.com>
To:        <www@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   typo (i think)

Hello,
I'm not sure if this is the correct address to send this to or if indeed
i've came across a typo, but on page:

http://www.freebsd.org/security/security.html

under the section 'Secure Programming Guidelines', in the second sentence,
theres a part that makes sense but also doesn't quite:

"Never trust any source of input, i.e. command line arguments, environment
variables, configuration files, incoming TCP/UDP/ICMP packets, hostname
lookups, function arguments, etc. If the length of or contents of
the -->date<-- received is at all subject to outside control, then the
program or function should watch for this when copying it around. Specific
security issues to watch for in this are:"

Do you think it means data?

I'm learning programming at the moment and I suppose if the 'date' was
coming from outside then it makes sense, but in the context of the paragraph
I think it means more than just date data (if it means date data at all!).

Sorry to bother you if I'm wrong and/or this is the wrong address.
regards
Mark