Date:      Mon, 02 Feb 2004 23:11:59 +0200
From:      "V@dim" <vadimg@sacura.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache + DNS

I configured DNS (bind9) and Apache in FreeBSD 4.7 (IP: 192.168.1.1).
My server name on FreeBSD - myserver.mydomain.com
This server configuration:

1. /etc/resolv.conf
   domain mydomain.com
   nameserver 192.168.1.1

2. Bind config:
   I have domain:
    mydomain.com
   This domain hosts:
    server    (192.168.1.1) - server and DNS-server (FreeBSD)
        site1    (192.168.1.1)
    site2    (192.168.1.1)
    xpcomp  (192.168.1.10)

3. Apache config (httpd.conf):

   NameVirtualHost myserver.mydomain.com

   <VirtualHost site1>
    ServerName site1.mydomain.com
    ServerAlias site1
    DocumentRoot /usr/local/proj/site1/html
    ErrorLog /usr/local/proj/site1/_log/error_log
    CustomLog /usr/local/proj/site1/_log/access_log common
   </VirtualHost>

FreeBSD is a Virtual Mashine (based on VMWare Workstation 4) under WinXP.
In Windows XP Lan config I wrote:
DNS -> 192.168.1.1.

My Computer settings:
  Name: xpcomp
  Workroup: MyWorkgroup
  DNS suffix: mydomain.com

When I in browser load my local site with url http://site1/ I want, that
browser automatically to the end of base url addes domain name in bind
config.
Examples:
http://site1/ -> http://site1.mydomain.com
http://site1/test/index.html -> http://site1.mydomain.com/test/index.html

How can I make this think? What config i need to correct: apache, bind or
something another? (I can show my bind config files)