Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 2002 09:26:58 -0500
From:      vcardon <vcardon@siue.edu>
To:        Grant Cooper <grant.cooper@nucleus.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mod Perl & Apache

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 06:20:14AM -0600, Grant Cooper wrote:
> How can you tell if you have mod_perl installed on your system? I installed
> Apache from ports. I have writen viusal basic asp pages before and am under
> the impression that Apache only run's perl cgi pages? Just some general
> questions, don't know exactly what to look up. What I want to do is write
> asp pages with form's ect from the online references. But I can only find
> perl material for apache. If I have to write it in perl that fine.

Actually CGI scripts can be written in any language as long as the
scripts or executables can be executed in a UNIX environment. I don't
know if there is any asp processor in ports, but you might be able to
easily convert your code to php.

As far as your other question is concerned, you can always run
pkg_version to see what you have installed. If you have portupgrade
installed you can substitute portversion for pkg_version.

Victor

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/--