Date:      25 Sep 00 11:01:36 CST
From:      Eduardo Huertas <eduhuertas@usa.net>
To:        zulkarnain <zul@unsyiah.ac.id>
Cc:        Willem Brown <willem@brwn.org>, pstapley <pstapley@rapidnet.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ppp -auto -nat myisp

Hi Zul

The default section of /etc/ppp/ppp.conf as I have in this moment is as
bellow:

default:
 set log Phase Chat LCP IPCP CCP tun command
 set log +tcp/ip
 set device /dev/cuaa0
 set speed 115200
 disable lqr
 deny lqr
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" AT \
           OK-AT-OK ATE1Q0 OK \\dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"
 set timeout 300
 set ifaddr 205.161.189.1/0 205.161.189.2/0 255.255.255.0
 add default HISADDR
 set reconnect 3 20
 allow users eduardo
 set server +3000 diagnostico
#
# If we don't want ICMP and DNS packets to keep the connection alive:
#
    set filter alive 0 deny icmp
#    set filter alive 1 deny udp src eq 53
#    set filter alive 2 deny udp dst eq 53
    =

# Blocking from nmbd process
    set filter alive 1 deny udp src eq 137
    set filter alive 2 deny udp src eq 138
    set filter alive 3 deny udp src eq 139
    set filter alive 4 permit 0 0

#
#
# And we don't want ICMPs to cause a dialup:
    set filter dial 0 deny icmp

# or any TCP SYN or RST packets (badly closed TCP channels):
     set filter dial 1 deny 0 0 tcp syn finrst

# DNS lookups
#     set filter dial 2 deny udp src eq 53
#     set filter dial 3 deny udp dst eq 53

# DNS lookups from Windows machines
     set filter dial 2 deny udp src eq 137 # NetBIOS name service =

     set filter dial 3 deny udp src eq 138 # NetBIOS datagram service =

     set filter dial 4 deny udp src eq 139 # NetBIOS session service =

     set filter dial 5 deny udp dst eq 137 # NetBIOS name service =

     set filter dial 6 deny udp dst eq 138 # NetBIOS datagram service =

     set filter dial 7 deny udp dst eq 139 # NetBIOS session service =

     set filter dial 8 permit 0/0 0/0

As you can see I commented the DNS lookups part, because when I wated to =
pop
my ISP, the packets were BLOCKED because of the use of 53 port.

My problem was to block DNS lookups from SMB packets, ports 137, 138 and =
139. =

And these filers work for that.

Thanks a lot LIST.

-edu-