Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 2003 10:14:14 -0300 (ART)
From:      Maxi <meschoyez@efn.uncor.edu>
To:        Newbies <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Redirecting output in XFree86-4 under 5.0-RELEASE

Hi guys!

I've recently installed XFree86-4 under 5.0-RELEASE and I didn't have a
solution to redirect the graphical output of a remote host to mine.
After enabling the remote host with 'xhost' in the localhost and setting
the 'DISPLAY' variable under the SSH session, when I start a graphical
program it returns 'unable to open display'.

I've used to do this everyday with XFree86-3 under 4.6-RELEASE, but now
I don't know what's happenning.

I didn't find anything in the handbook and FAQ. My Google search didn't
help much.

If someone knows were to point me, I'll be very thankful.

Regards,

    M@X     <M\
            / >