Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 1996 12:32:14 +0200
From:      Bart Smit <BartS@gecap.nl>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Vacation case-sensitive???

Hello all,

I know this is hardly related to FreeBSD, but what the heck.

I noticed that the vacation program is case-sensitive in its interpretation of the
alias, and that you can specify only ONE alias. I have the following in my .forward
file:

   \bit, "| /usr/bin/vacation -a BartS bit"

Vacation will now only act upon mail to bit and BartS, but not on mail for barts,
BIT, bsmit, Bit, bart.smit, etc. I usually receive mail for at least three aliases
(yes, I know that's too many) and the capitalization varies wildly. Still, I'd like
to send out 'vacation' messages. Am I missing something?  anyone?

Bart

PS - please send any replies to me directly, because I'm not on the list at the moment.
     Note that you can decide for yourself whether you want to get my 'out of the office'
     message or not *grin*