Date:      Fri, 2 Jun 2000 10:35:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@internetcds.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        lists@security.za.net, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 40gig IDE drives?

Yeah, that was my though.  I left sectors free at the front, but that
wasn't it.

Soren was looking at seeing if there was some way to read the promise
label/record keeping, and turn that into a vinum setup somehow, so it
would be relatively transparent.  But I don't think he could get the docs
from Promise, or perhaps just got busy.

8 partitions:
#        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize bps/cpg]
  c: 80041248        0    unused        0     0         # (Cyl.    0 -
79405)
  d: 80040224     1024     vinum                        # (Cyl.    1*-
79405*)