Date:      Mon, 20 Feb 2012 21:26:03 -0800
From:      Chip Camden <sterling@camdensoftware.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /usr/home vs /home

--Ycz6tD7Th1CMF4v7

Quoth Erich Dollansky on Tuesday, 21 February 2012:
> Hi,
>=20
> On Monday 20 February 2012 21:44:43 Da Rock wrote:
> > On 02/18/12 17:47, Erich Dollansky wrote:
>=20
> > > when I got my hands for the first time on a BSD system, the machine h=
as had several 5MB hard disks.

> > > I assume that what now is called partitioning came from the need to h=
ave several disks to run a serious system.

> > > And yes, it was possible to boot and run BSD with at least 20 users o=
n several 5MB disks.

> > > Erich
> > Erich, can I be so bold as to ask what brand the disks were? And tax=20
> > your memory as to when?
>=20
> it was DEC PDP-11 with a strange drive. One disk was fixed, one was remov=
able. This is the reason why it was easy to switch the operating system. RL=
 .. something like this was the disk name.
>=20

I believe the 5MB removable were RL01.  They also had a 10MB removable
RL02, which we used for software distribution.  We resold them to our
customers at $170 each.

--=20
=2EO. | Sterling (Chip) Camden      | http://camdensoftware.com
=2E.O | sterling@camdensoftware.com | http://chipsquips.com