Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:25:25 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Mark Thomas <thomas@clark.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Athlon and 4.2 Release

Mark Thomas writes:
> At 08:40 PM 1/15/01 -0600, David Kelly wrote:
> >For this MB to run reliably under load I had to select "BIOS Defaults",
> >and maybe also "System Performance Setting" from "Optimal" to "Normal".
> >Also disabled "PCI Master Read Caching" and "Delayed Transaction".
> >Something in there was causing problems under load. The situation might
> >also surface during installation.
>
> I had issues with this MB under W98 that a BIOS flash helped resolve
> (I think up to 1004). It seems very picky about shared interrupts,
> particularly with the ATA/100 controller.

Once FreeBSD is running what does the BIOS have to do with it? Or does
the BIOS initialize something that FreeBSD otherwise doesn't mess with?

Don't know how but managed to juggle IRQ's until the onboard ATA-100
got IRQ 10 all to itself. Altho it didn't seem to matter. Its running
solid now so I'm not going to mess with it.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net