Date:      Thu, 29 May 1997 22:16:35 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        tom@tomqnx.com (Tom Torrance at home)
Subject:   Re: HP 6020 Problems

As Tom Torrance at home wrote:

> Jordon's original announcement for Release 2.2.1 stated that the HP 6020
> was supported, so I went and bought one.

Hmm, the 6020i actually -- i didn't even know there's a difference.

> THis is a REALLY crude hack, but it works well enough to allow me to
> fulfill my objective.  I offer it here only so that someone who really
> knows what they are doing can use the information I have gathered to
> implement the necessary support properly. Driver code is far beyond me.

I wonder what the second hack is for?

> Note that when running the 'burncd' script, the dd command fails at the
> end of the copy,

How?  What?  Which?  Any SCSI messages?  What errno?

> Although I got 'burncd' to function for me, more or less, attempting to
> execute 'cd-write 1.2' to master a CD locks up the entire systemi,
> after the initializing disk info message.

cd-write is a totally different beast.  It only uses the driver as a
loophole in order to do the complete SCSI handling of its own.  As
such, it offers the ability for a lot more new bugs :).  I think
that's something where you should contact Jean-Marc directly in order
to find and fix the bug.

--
cheers, J"org