Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2000 23:25:32 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, Valentin Chopov <valentin@valcho.net>, Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>, Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>, "Steven E. Ames" <steve@virtual-voodoo.com>, Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Subject:   Re: CURRENT is freezing again ...

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:30:02 PST, John Baldwin wrote:

> # sysctl -w debug.ktr_verbose=1 ; command_that_makes_my_machine_go_boom

All very well and good once you've figured out which command makes your
machine go boom.

But as I said, the locks I'm getting appear completely arbitrary.  I'm
no hard-core hacker, but I'm not completely clueless when it comes to
isolating problems by way of deductive reasoning, and I'm stumped as to
what's causing these.

Ciao,
Sheldon.