Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:31:14 -0700
From:      David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
To:        Dead Line <dead_line@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netscape, 3 term windows,!!

Dead Line wrote:

> This is not the Linux netscape.! its the Unix-FreeBSD one, which
> included in the CD.
> i install it many times and it stillgives the error..
> Couldnot open /usr/libexec/ld.so

In FreeBSD 3.2 (someone correct me if I'm wrong), the netscape 4.x
included was indeed the Linux version. I don't recall a native netscape
4.x until FreeBSD 3.4. Just install the linux compatability package and
turn on the linux daemon and you should be fine.

> 2- when I do # startx  it will go X window but I can see nothing but
>      3 term windows! Is that how FreeBSD windows will look ? normally?
>      Or I have something not working?
>      I installed some of KDE desktop stuff, but I still can see
>      nothing but these 3 term Windows, what I shall do please!

You are seeing twm, which is the default windowmanager if another is not
selected. To change to kde for an individual user, edit the .xinitrc
file in the user's home directory to have to single line "exec
startkde".

David