Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 1996 18:07:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bad Hard Drive List

Hi...

	Someone really should start up a "Bad vs Good" hard drive list,
including Revision numbers :(

	Just replaced the 1Gig Conner that I had with a 1.2gig Quantum, to
get rid of a SCSI bus hang problem...and it didnt' get rid of it, so I'm
going to get rid of the other conner next.

	Anyone have experience with the following drives and can give
comments as to whether they look like good drives, or shouldI be looking at
one of the Quantums next? :(

(ncr0:0:0): "QUANTUM FIREBALL1280S 630C" type 0 fixed SCSI 2
(ncr0:1:0): "QUANTUM LPS340S 020B" type 0 fixed SCSI 2
(ncr0:2:0): "QUANTUM LP240S GM240S01X 4.6" type 0 fixed SCSI 2
(ncr0:3:0): "CONNER CFA540S 13B0" type 0 fixed SCSI 2

	I'm removing the Conner CFA and putting back in the other Conner to
see if that makes a difference.

	The other Conner is

(aha0:1:0): "CONNER CFP1060S 1.05GB 243F" type 0 fixed SCSI 2

	Someone mentioned that older Revisions of this drive had problems,
but that newer ones (of which this one is supposedly newer) don't...

	Opinions?  I can't just keep replacing hard drives, unfortunately :(

Marc G. Fournier | POP Mail  Telnet Acct  DNS Hosting
System           |  WWW Services   Database Services  | Knowledge,
  Administrator  |                                    | Information and
 scrappy@ki.net  |      WWW: http://www.ki.net        | Communications, Inc