Date:      Fri, 08 Mar 2002 17:23:50 -0500
From:      "MikeM" <MyRaQ@mgm51.com>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: openssh problems (fwd)

On 3/8/2002 at 8:58 PM what wrote:

| [snip]
|debug1: Sent encrypted session key.
|debug1: Installing crc compensation attack detector.
|Disconnecting: Corrupted check bytes on input.
|debug1: Calling cleanup 0x805921c(0x0)
|
|Help?
|
|What makes this worse, is I'm doing this over anSSH connection, so if I
|lose the 2 sessions I have open, I'm screwed.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

I can't help you with your current problem.  However, a trick that I use on=
 my remote servers may help you in the future.

I run two totally separate instances of sshd, each with is own config=
 directory and each listening on a different port.  One of them is sshd,=
 the other I've copied sshd to adminsshd.  When I am playing with a new=
 version of openssh, I only replace sshd.  That way, when I get in a=
 situation such as you are currently in, I always have the adminsshd to=
 fall back on.