Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 1997 08:05:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        ponds!plutotech.com!gibbs, ponds!lakes.water.net!rivers
Cc:        ponds!freefall.cdrom.com!freebsd-hackers
Subject:   Re: Aha2940 problems with 940722 snap. - results from 940727 snap.

Justin writes:

> >  sd0(ahc0:0:0): SCB 0x3 - timed out in command phase, SCSISIGI == 0x84
> >  SEQADDR = 0x42 SCSISEQ = 0x12 SSTAT0 = 0x7 SSTAT1 = 0x2
> >  st0(ahc0:2:0): abort message in message buffer
> >  sd0(ahc0:0:0): SCB 0x2 timedout while recovery in progress
> >  st0(ahc0:2:0): SCB 0x0 - timed out in command phase, SCSISIGI == 0x94
> >  SEQADD = 0x42 SCSISEQ = 0x12 SSTAT0 = 0x7 SSTAT1 = 0x2
> >  ahc0: Issued Channel A Bus Reset.  3 SCBs aborted
> >  Clearing bus reset
> >  Clearing 'in-reset' flag
> >  st0(ahc0:2:0): no longer in timeout
>
> This looks like you do not have disconnection enabled for your tape
> drive and that the rewind is basically "stuffing up the bus." Ensure
> that you have disconnection enabled in the SCSI-Select menu on the
> card and that any hardware jumpers on the tape drive that affect
> disconnection are set properly.

 In the words of "The Brain" -   YYEESS!

 That cleared up my problem totally!  I'm happily reading/writing
tapes; hitting cntrl-C, etc... not a problem in the world.

 [Turns out I had disabled disconnection on my TAPE and CD-ROM
drive, probably inadvertently when I was turning off WIDE negotiation.]

> As for the hang, the messages indicate that the driver cleaned up
> properly.  Hmmm.  Can you put DDB in your kernel and see where the
> driver is hanging?

 I'll be happy to; perhaps later this evening.  I've got a lot
of tapes to read/write now :-)

	Thanks again!!!

	- Dave Rivers -