Date:      Wed, 14 Jan 2004 00:55:11 +0100
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        imp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCI interrupt allocation question..

--/04w6evG8XlLl3ft

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 03:26:00PM -0800, Julian Elischer wrote:
> The kernel includes teh ichsmb driver to try access the SMBus=20
> for temperature reading reasons (yes I know I can do it other ways..)
>=20
> Any thoughts that move me towards getting th eichsmb driver working on
> this machine are welcome.

Make sure that the mainboard really does support SMBus -- it turns out that
this is optional. The ICH docs talk about a bit that should be enabled in t=
he
PCI config when SMB is present. I ran into this once, it should be document=
ed
in the archives (of -current off the top of my head). OTOH, I didn't even
succeed in getting an ichsmb device probed so this might be something total=
ly
unrelated.

FWIW, I had to try other ways to get the temperature (xmbmon & related). I
don't have the box anymore or I'd show you the exact config...

--Stijn

--=20
Beware of he who would deny you access to information. For in his heart
he thinks himself your master.
		-- Sid Meier, "Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri"

--/04w6evG8XlLl3ft

--/04w6evG8XlLl3ft--