Date:      Sat, 22 Dec 2001 00:07:25 -0500
From:      "Andrew C. Hornback" <achornback@worldnet.att.net>
To:        <advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Java development platform comparison (was: RE: Microsoft Advocacy?)

	If they wanted to do it right, as many would say, they'd have gone with
Solaris.

	Which leads me to ask, what are the differences in developing Java on a
FreeBSD platform and that of other platforms (Linux and Solaris, exclude
Microsoft from this discussion)?  (And yes, I'm fully aware that Microsoft
no longer produces a Java product as they had their ass sued off by Sun and
had to sell their botched J++ product to Rational Software).

	Why is Linux a better platform for Java development than FreeBSD?

--- Andy