Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 17:22:40 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD certified software (was: WordPerfect 8 for Linux)

Drew Baxter wrote:

> Look on any peripheral that features a
> designed for Win95, YES (netware), SCO OK, etc logo.  They all look pretty
> much uniform.. Like less than 1x1 (inches). I'm guessing maybe there's some
> sort of a spec around for these?

They're 7/8" wide by 1" tall.  That's roughly 22 x 26 mm for those of you
fortunate enough to live in metric countries.  This is a convenient size,
though I really LIKE the way my "Powered by FreeBSD sticker dominates my
computer at work.  ;^)

The "Intel Inside" is 3/4" by 7/8".  Go figure.  I guess they weren't
invited to the logo-designing conference, or perhaps there is a separate
logo standard for hardware vendors?  Figures.  ;^)

--
             Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                                      +1.801.915.2061
Softweyr LLC                                                   wes@softweyr.com