Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2012 10:58:54 +1100
From:      Lachlan Holmes <lachlan.j.holmes@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   VirtualBox Guest Addons

Hey all,

If you can help 'd really appreciate it.

I have a 9.0 release 64bit freebsd. I've done a Portsnap fetch extract and
freebsd-update.

I can't get virtualbox-ose-additions to install I get this error message.

# make install clean
===> virtualbox-ose-additions-4.1.22 requires kernel sources.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose-addtions
#

i found this on the web, http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=32503

But I'm new to bsd and and I don't understand how I downloaded the "patch"
and then rebuild the "system" and then redo the install process.

Thanks in advance for any help.

regards,
Lachlan Holmes