Date:      26 Jan 1997 17:15:07 -0000
From:      "George Hademenos" <mega_wizard@hotmail.com>
To:        support@freebsd.org
Subject:   Thanks and one new problem

Thanks to all of you, I have now made 4 major revisions to the kernel and the
new experimental kernel seems to be holding up quite well...at this time i
would like to report that I now have multi-media networking communicating just
fine with Microsoft Backoffice and some limited modem activity which I hope
will be improved in the future for WAN.   Also, I have achieved some limited
tape backup capability and Xwindows is up and running very well....there are
some initialization problems however when X apps first appear on the
screen...sometimes they are too large or not centered or stuff like that but
they are there and usable and the platform looks very promising for the
future....I sure miss the Microsoft cut and paste however in the XWin95 file
manager....we need some object oriented code on this regard so I can cut and
paste serveral directories and subdirectories of files at one time and move
them around on the network or harddisk.   One problem I am experiencing at the
moment is : broken pipe when i try to pipe to more....is there a way to
reinitialize the pipe read and write files and where exactly are they so I do
not have to reinstall the entire operating system .....Thanks again and stay in
touch because I think we can deliver a fairly useful and stable OS on as little
as a 600$ GamesIntl Computer which I think is about 2 years behind Microsoft
but should catch up very quickly with so many students working on future X
applications and continued OS improvements.
Thanks again: Mega_Wizard@hotmail.com