Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2000 19:30:45 -0400
From:      Jason T <moxie@ahab.com>
To:        Andrew Reilly <areilly@nsw.bigpond.net.au>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: psmintr: out of sync (0080 != 0000). ARGH!

I've definitely seen this and I don't run moused.  I can't reproduce it reliably (without
stopping work to reboot), but it bites an NT machine on the switch as well.  It seemed
to be more frequent when I had a third machine attached that had no mouse connector, no
mouse daemon, and no X...

Naturally, when NT gets bitten, I reboot, and when FreeBSD gets bitten, I restart X, both
of which cure the problem until the next time I switch around.  I used the same switcher
ages ago with two machines and some combination of FreeBSD 2.2.1/SCO/Win95 to no ill
effect.

My wild-ass guess goes to the driver conflict theory.

Switcher: Belkin Omniview
XF86Config:
Section "Pointer"
   Protocol        "Logitech"