Date:      Sun, 5 Mar 2000 10:51:27 -0600
From:      jon@cgi.norcom2000.com
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ad0 Time Out

I've encountered a problem when booting my -current kernel.  I'd include parts
of the /var/log/messages, but it does not write to it when I boot up current.

I installed the -current kernel, and made the devices for ad0 and ad1 including
all the slices that I need, besides making all devices.  I changed the
/etc/fstab from wd to ad.  I manually enter my root device when it's booting.

Here's the problem I have:

(I bet it's because of somethign stupid i did, or did not do...)

It detects ad0 and ad1 allright, but then when it tries to mount root (ad0s3a)
it gives me an error like the following: ad0: WRITE timed out.  It then
proceeds to crash.

If anybody can help me I'd appreciate that, I know I don't have a whole lot
of information, but I'll provide it if anybody needs specific things.. It's
just a little harder to include it when it doesn't save it to the hard drive.

Thanks,
Jon