Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 1997 16:00:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      Rich Wales <richw@yank.kitchener.on.ca>
To:        freebsd-bugs
Subject:   Re: bin/2736: No boot block if no FreeBSD partitions on first hard drive

The following reply was made to PR bin/2736; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Rich Wales <richw@yank.kitchener.on.ca>
To: Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 18:58:12 -0500 (EST)

 Joerg --

 Replying to:

 	Are you sure you selected the first hard drive in the
 	partition editor at all (without doing anything there,
 	of course, apart from answering the boot manager ques-
 	tion)?  If you only visit the second drive, sysinstall
 	will do what you've told it, and only install the boot
 	manager there.  (It violated this principle in the
 	past, but this wasn't actually a Good Thing.)

 Yes, I did select the first hard drive, and I did answer the "boot
 manager" question for that drive.  But it silently ignored my action.

 Rich Wales    richw@yank.kitchener.on.ca    http://www.webcom.com/richw/