Date:      Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:53:52 -0400
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: who's been smoking crack in freebsd land now ?

Geez, calm down.  You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Also, isn't the warning pretty self-explanatory?

"man ioctl" shows that sys/ioctl.h is expected to be used in userland.

And, unlike userland, it's not like the kernel has any obligation to be the
same across Unices, so I'm wondering on what you base the supposition that
God decreed the One True And Correct Way for this to work?

--
Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)
                                ME -->  http://www.babbleon.org