Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 2002 19:36:48 +0200
From:      Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Stefan Arentz <stefan.arentz@soze.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hacking on JDK 1.3.1

> > Sounds good! What is this 'ab' tool you are using?
>
> Well don't forget that Bill Huey did 99.9% of the work, that is why
> he went insane after a couple of months of hacking on this :-) :-)

I know. I've spoken to him a lot during that period. I did nothing more than
telling him he did a great job, but that's all I could do :-)

> The ab tools part of Apache. It is a simple http benchmark tool
> that throws concurrent requests at a web server.

Ah, so with what port does it come? With the www/apache13 port ?

> The two things I'm working on the coming days are the Thread.sleep()
> problem that was reported earlier on the list, and something strange
> with thread local storage that might or might not be related.

Okay. If you need someone to take a look at some C or C++ code and it's quite
limited in complexity, not too much pthread-related, does not assume
knowledge of HotSpot internals and uh... well... thinking again... never
mind... ;-)

Ernst