Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 1997 03:10:14 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
Cc:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compile failure on today's current kernel

Don't worry there ought to be a mechanism for forcing the users to use
the new config if it is required.  Maybe a shell wrapper that before
invoking the real config it rebuilds config and then runs the
newly built config program . The config program if people care
to make it interesting it could compile in the appropiate kernel
version which can be specificy from an include file -- that is if
people don't want to recompile config every time. To avoid
hazzles config could be incorporated into the kernel sources yet another way
of ensuring that the right config is compile for the respective
kernel.

As for the style of the response, is
more like,

Unix Sergeant to a Private:
	"Private, have you re-built config?!!!!"
	"For heaven's sake please read the mailing list, if you
         don't systems die!!"

I guess that approach is okay however there ought to be a better
mechanism perhaps a "web page" which states interesting gotchas.
Nothing formal of course, I am not interested in the philosophical
merits of the Web in HyperSpace 8)

To be honest , I guess is a whole lot more fun to play the "Unix Sergeant" 8)

	Cheers,
	Amancio