Date:      Thu, 23 Jul 1998 02:10:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      hoek@FreeBSD.ORG
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/6902: xemacs package broken (motifdependency)

The following reply was made to PR ports/6902; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: hoek@FreeBSD.ORG
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, wolman@cs.washington.edu
Cc: ac199@hwcn.org
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 05:09:13 -0400 (EDT)

 >                           Problem Report ports/6902
 >
 >   xemacs package broken (motif dependency)
 [...]
 >   Description
 >

 >I downloaded the xemacs package from ftp.freebsd.org.  I installed
 >all the other packages it depends on.  It still fails when I run it:
 >
 >ld.so failed: Can't find shared library "libXm.so.1.2"

 This was supposedly fixed in r.1.16 of xemacs/Makefile by asami.  Maybe he
 accidentally built packages with some abnormal environment one day and you
 just happened to grab the package at a bad time.  Could you be so troubled
 as to try again?

 It's _supposed_ to work...

 Please remember to respond to this as soon as possible so that we can
 investigate further or close the PR as appropriate.