Date:      Wed, 11 Apr 2001 06:50:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Thomas Quinot <quinot@infres.enst.fr>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bin/26148: mountd: can't change attributes for /usr

The following reply was made to PR bin/26148; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Thomas Quinot <quinot@infres.enst.fr>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, quinot@inf.enst.fr
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 15:45:34 +0200

 Further investigation reveals that this problem is probably caused by
 duplicate hosts in our netgroups.

 Actually, we have a netgroup that contains hosts with both unqualified
 and qualified domain names, as in:

 MyNetgroup	(myhost,-,-) (myhost.dom.ain,-,-)

 Names are then looked up and qualified by mountd, and do_mount()
 is called twice for each host. The second call fails, and leaves an
 empty export list.

 It is unclear to me how and where this should be dealt with. Maybe
 mount(2)
 could return with EEXIST instead of EPERM when an attempt is made to
 enter a duplicate host in the export list, and mountd could act
 correctly upon
 such an error?

 Thomas.

 --
 Thomas Quinot ** Département Informatique & Réseaux **
 quinot@inf.enst.fr