Date:      Mon, 09 Jul 2001 12:04:57 -0600
From:      Don Root <Din@Silver-Lynx.com>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   NAI/DARPA initiative

Normally, I don't think having the feds involved in anything is a good
thing, but with this new security push I can see a lot of positivity,
assuming the tech transfer goes in both directions.

DARPA seems to have realized that the major security vulnerability in
America's IT infrastructure isn't the hardened systems or the systems
maintained by savvy admins at big corporations like Yahoo, it's the
millions of hopelessly insecure boxes out there that can be conscripted
to be slave labor in sniffing, DDoS or packet-time-guessing attacks.

Cheers to Robert Watson and all others who reeled this in!
--
Don Wilde, President
Network Lynx   866-272-5586