Date:      Mon, 27 May 2002 15:18:56 +0200
From:      Jean-Yves Lefort <jylefort@brutele.be>
To:        Erwin Lansing <erwin@lansing.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: weird /etc/periodic and Postfix interaction

On Mon, 27 May 2002 14:56:36 +0200
Erwin Lansing <erwin@lansing.dk> wrote:

> On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 01:15:04PM +0200, Jean-Yves Lefort wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have noticed the following error message appearing repeatedly in
> > my system logs:
> >
> > May 27 11:06:03 jsite postfix/sendmail[71265]: fatal: usage:
> > sendmail[options]
> >
> > After some investigation it seems that this message is provoked by
> > the daily jobs trying to mail the results.
> >
> This looks lidt PR misc/38579
> (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=38579).
>
> pkg-message in the postfix port has also some information about this:
> # less /usr/ports/mail/postfix/pkg-message
>
> /erwin

After having browsed /etc/periodic, I had noticed that -Ac wasn't a
correct Postfix flag, and I had disabled some checks in
/etc/periodic.conf.

I also had disabled 'sendmail_msp_queue_enable' in /etc/rc.conf, but
after reading pkg-message it seems that I missed some variables,
probably because they didn't exist when I first configured my Postfix
system.

Also, the trend of toggling some /etc/defaults/rc.conf flags and then
toggling them back is very sucky (see /usr/src/UPDATING on some recent
-STABLE to see what I mean).

I'll now complete my setup, thanks for this valuable tip.

Regards,
Jean-Yves Lefort

--
Jean-Yves Lefort