Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 1997 17:47:56 -0500
From:      Ron Steele <ron@dc.infi.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.2->2.2.5 = ppp permission denied

At 11:59 AM 11/24/97 -0800, Doug White wrote:
>On Mon, 24 Nov 1997, Ron Steele wrote:
>
>> I just upgraded 2.2.2->2.2.5.  PPP had been working fine.  Now I get the
>> unfortunate "permission denied" error on any operations of the ppp link (it
>> still comes up fine).
>
>What exactly are you trying to do?  Permission denied can come from the
>program itself, from inside the program, and from network accesses.

I am trying to ping to a network address.  Pinging a domain name give a
resolver error.

>> (wondering how you can go from 2 cds to 4 and not have room for the FAQ and
>> handbook)
>
>Well, considering that just about anyone has Net access and they're always
>Lynx, it solves a lot of the documentation aging problems.

Am I the only person in the world that hates to read html docs?  I much
prefer to load a good old ASCII file (without backspaces, please) into
emacs and do regex searchs.  If I still have problems, then I can go to the
net.  Just call me retro grouch, I guess.

Thanks,
Ron