Date:      Sat, 13 Oct 2001 22:39:06 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Minor terminology problem

Hello Houston^W (natively) English-speaking FreeBSD doc'ers,

May I ask which of the following is [more] appropriate?

a) "(in order) to store identification information on(=concerning) your
    sources"

b) "(in order) to store identifying information on(=concerning) your sources.

Should I prefer "about" to "on" in this specific instance (if it matters at
all)?

The fact is, both of these forms seem to be documented, or rather they are
found on the 'Net; yet I am not sure which is (or should be) preferred.  The
doubt arose *after* a document of mine was committed (er, better late...:-)).

TIA,
Salvo