Date:      Mon, 21 Dec 1998 22:30:58 -0500
From:      Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Issues with if_xl.c and natd

I'm tracking down what might be some bug in the interaction between
if_xl.c and perhaps natd.   Though I seem to be the only person
using dual 3c905-TX cards in this fashion.   I'm also running an internal
RFC net (outside is assigned dynamically by cable modem ISP).

Is there by chance anyone else using these cards in this configuration?

The symptoms are that everything works correctly as long as the firewall
rules are kept as OPEN.  I've checked this with a known working configuration
from someone else who is using different NICs.   I've ordered a couple of
Kingstons
to test (hopefully tomorrow).

Other war stories would be of interest in tracking down what the problem is.