Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 2002 13:13:21 -0600
From:      Matthew Bettinger <mbettinger@championelevators.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RAID + adaptec 2400A

On Sunday 15 December 2002 05:16 am, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 12:27:49AM -0600, mattb wrote:
> > The disc loads up and I can get to the  kernel configuration menu...7
> > conflicts.  I take care of the conflicts and the machine continues to
> > load the kernel.. loads up asr0 ok.
> > The machine then attempts to mount root from /dev/fd0c for some reaso=
n.
> > When it can't mount  /dev/fd0c it drops into an mountroot> prompt and=
> > haven't been ableto get past this.

Booting from FreeBSD 4.7 floppies  yields the error:

init not found in path :/sbin/init

This happens after the kernel config screen when the kernel continues to =
load.

Booting from cdrom yields the error:

fd0c: hard error reading fsbn 16 of 16-31 (no status)
root mount failed:5
mountroot>

Is there possibly something in the bios that needs to be turned on or tur=
ned=20
off? =20

regards,

Matt=20