Date:      Fri, 17 May 1996 01:50:42 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: EDO & Memory latency

On Thu, 16 May 1996, Terry Lambert wrote:

> > > PCI can't run faster than 33 -- on a 75, that means 25.
> >
> > I feel I can't argue against this - though why aren't they running it
> > at some other speed than 1/2 of external and not 33/50 of it? I hate
> > Pentium 75-s which lose to 486DX-80s in one of the components of graphics
> > winmark... (everything else was exactly the same) :-(
>
> Use P100's (actualy P99's) and run the full 33, and you won't be
> unhappy.
>
> Since Intel started dumping Pentiums at 1/2 price, can you even get
> 486's any more except buying out distressed warehouse inventory?

Don't know - I just upgraded my computer, that's why I can say for sure
that everything but the motherboard and processor remained the same...

And I do hold that a *decent* chipset should hold the PCI speed at max
(33 MHz) in case the bus speed is higher than 33 MHz. But there aren't
many like these out there, I guess.

> 					Terry Lambert
> 					terry@lambert.org
> ---