Date:      Mon, 3 Jan 2000 12:20:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   BOOTP still broken?

I've followed the BOOTP threads in -current from the archives, but I
can't find any resolution of the issue.  I cvsup'd -current last night
and still have a non-working BOOTP kernel.

Many of the posts centered around PXE negating the need for BOOTP
kernel support.  Just how are you supposed to mount root in that case?

Anyways, with both an ed0 and an ep0, the kernel ends up telling me...

Bootpc: hardware address is <blah>
Bootpc-call: sosend: 13 state 000000
panic: BOOTP call failed

... I suppose I could run -STABLE on this machine, but I'd rather not
have two complete bin trees.

Dave.