Date:      Tue, 29 May 2001 16:42:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: adding "noschg" to ssh and friends

:
:> :Er, Matt.  I appreciate what you're trying to say, but this argument is
:> :logically invalid.  You could use it to argue that any security is a bad
:> :idea because it forces people to do sneakier things.
:>
:>     I have to disagree.  Here, let me give a contrasting example:
:
:You're missing the point.  Stop arguing with me; I agree with you.  I'm
:just telling you that the logic you're using to support your arguments is
:faulty, and the argument suffers as a result. 8)

    Well, then I'm not sure what you are complaining about.  Somebody
    labeled 'schg' as being a security feature, and I disagreed.  It
    could be called a safety feature, but it certainly is not a security
    feature.

						-Matt