Date:      Wed, 3 Jan 2001 03:30:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/23878: New port: IO - various IO modules

The following reply was made to PR ports/23878; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To: Sergey Skvortsov <skv@protey.ru>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 06:24:33 -0500

 [ please keep your replies on the GNATS audit trail, thanks ]

 On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 11:36:53AM +0300, Sergey Skvortsov wrote:
 > as variant - update src/contrib/perl5/ext/IO.
 > perl 5.005_3 contains out-of-date version IO-1.15. this port - 1.20.
 > if possible update perl distribution - it's perfect.

 Hmm.  Well, I'm sure it's possible to desire a specific version of a
 module if more than one is installed.  Further, observe that while we
 have things like sendmail and perl included in the base system, we also
 have ports of them.. specifically for people who want/need a newer
 version than comes with FreeBSD.  Guess where their PREFIX is aimed?

 --
 wca