Date:      Mon, 30 Apr 2001 17:48:34 -0400
From:      Erik Rothwell <erothwell@callgtn.com>
To:        mij@osdn.com, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ximian Gnome 1.4

Jim Mock wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Apr 2001 at 23:17:25 +0300, uwi mAn wrote:
> > Does it work OK for FreeBSD 4.2 ?
>
> No.  Go bug Ximian and get them to support FreeBSD as a platform.  You
> can install GNOME, but it won't be Ximian's GNOME.

I had emailed Ximian about this back in March in anticipation of Gnome
1.4... Mark Gordon of Ximian informed me that while there had been some
investigation on Ximian's part into supporting FreeBSD, "[he didn't]
know that anything ha[d] been decided firmly yet." He also said that if
Ximian did come to support FreeBSD for GNOME 1.4 it would not be
immediately.

Erik.